What your local pharmacy offers
Pharmacies do more than dispense prescriptions and medicines. Many also offer:
- Advice on bugs and viruses, minor injuries, skin conditions and allergies
- Women's health advice
- Treatment for common childhood illnesses and infections.
- Health checks (blood pressure, cholesterol or blood glucose testing)
- Incontinence supplies
- Pregnancy testing
- Screening (chlamydia or allergy screenings)
- Emergency contraception
- Stop smoking services
- Weight management advice
- Supervised consumption of methadone
- Needle exchange
To find pharmacies near you, use the NHS Choices online Pharmacy Search
Late night pharmacies in Brighton
The following pharmacies are open in Brighton and Hove until 22:00 every night.
Call: 01273 325020
Visit: 98 Dyke Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3JD
Call: 01273 605354
Visit: 6-7 Coombe Terrace, Lewes Road, Brighton, BN2 4AD
To find more information on pharmacy opening hours, please use the Find Your Nearest search box on the right of the home page.
Healthy Living Pharmacies
Healthy Living Pharmacies provide extended services to support healthy living for patients.
The support on offer includes help to stop smoking, referral to local exercise programmes, advice on eating healthily, free emergency contraception, and general support and lifestyle advice.
You can find your nearest Healthy Living Pharmacy on this map. You can also find an infographic on Healthy Living Pharmacies in the table below.
You can find the Joint Formulary in the GP section of the CCG Website.
This is a list of medicines normally available to patients in Brighton and Hove, which the CCG maintains in line with guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
We work closely with Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and with NHS Lewes Havens High Weald CCG to maintain the Joint Formulary.
Green Bag Scheme
People in Brighton and Hove are being encouraged to carry all their current medication in a specially designed plastic green bag if they have to go into hospital or a care home, or when they go to their community pharmacy for a medicines review appointment.
GP practices and pharmacies in the city are helping to identify patients most likely to benefit from having a green bag, including the frail elderly, while the Royal Sussex County Hospital is distributing the bags to patients on wards and to people who are being discharged from hospital.
This simple system has been introduced to help health professionals know what medicines an individual is taking at any given time. The aim is to reduce the risk of medicine errors and missed doses occurring as patients move between different health services during the course of their treatment.
For more information about the Green Bag scheme, please email Dr Carina Livingstone at firstname.lastname@example.org
Breathe Better, Waste Less
Breathe Better, Waste Less
The 'Breathe Better Waste Less' project in Brighton and Hove supports patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and reduce pharmaceutical waste across the city.
Evidence suggests that up to 90% of respiratory patients do not use their inhaler medication effectively - people tend to underuse their 'preventer' inhalers and overuse their 'reliever' inhalers. People also tend to throw away their inhalers before they are empty.
Better use of medication for asthma and COPD can help people to manage their condition and avoid going into hospital - and recycling inhalers after use is good for the environment.
Respiratory patients are being encouraged to get their inhaler technique checked by their local pharmacist, as part of the CCG's 'Breathe Better Waste Less' project and also to drop used inhalers into 'Complete the Cycle’ recycling bins in local pharmacies.
You can get an inhaler check and recycle used inhalers at the following pharmacies in Brighton and Hove.
- Watts & Co, 110 Dyke Road, Brighton, BN1 3TE
- Boots, 67 Boundary Road, Portslade, BN35TD
- Boots, 105 St Georges Road, Brighton, BN2 1EA
- Co-op Pharmacy, 13 Warren Way, Brighton, BN2 6PH
- O Flinn Pharmacy, 77-78 Islingword Road, Brighton, BN2 9SL
- Boots, Queen's Parade, Hangleton, Hove, BN3 7LU
- Lloyds, Wellsbourne Health Centre, Whitehawk Road, Brighton, BN2 5FL
- Ross's Pharmacy, 3 York Place, Brighton, BN1 4GU
- Fields Pharmacy, 40 Eldred Avenue, Brighton BN1 5EG
- Coldean Pharmacy, 10 Beatty Avenue, Brighton, BN1 9ED
- Burwash Pharmacy, 9 Burwash Road, Hove, BN3 8GP
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 9 Longridge Avenue, Saltdean, Brighton, BN2 8LG
- Leybourne Pharmacy, 9 Leybourne Parade, Lower Bevendean, BN2 4LW
- Boots, 129 North Street, Brighton, BN1 2BE
- Superdrug Pharmacy, 78 Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2HA
- Kamsons Pharmacy, 11 Richardson Road, Hove, BN3 5RB
- Boots, 76 Boundary Road, Portslade, BN3 5TD
- Boots, London Road, Brighton, BN1 4JH
- Boots, 1 Rock Street, Brighton, BN2 1NF
- Boots, 4 The Parade, Hangleton Road, Hove BN3 7LU
- Boots, 59-61 George Street, Hove, BN3 3YD
- Boots, 114 Church Road, BN3 2EB
- Kamsons Pharmacy 175 Preston Road, Parkside BN1 6AG
- Kamsons Pharmacy 1a Lewes Road BN2 3HP
- Kamsons Pharmacy 50 The Highway Moulsecoomb BN2 4GB
- Kamsons Pharmacy 128 St James’s Street BN2 1TH
- Kamsons Pharmacy 25-26 Whitehawk Road BN2 5FB