We are pleased to let you know that we are still doing Annual Health Checks during Covid-19.
Annual Health Checks are really important because they are a good way to get to know your doctor better, and for them to find out more about you.
An Annual Health Check is done by your doctor once a year. Your doctor will take a closer look at how you are doing – making sure you’re healthy.
- They are available for most people aged 14 and older with a learning disability at GP surgeries that offer the service.
- You don’t need to be ill to get a health check, but you can ask your doctor about anything that is hurting or worrying you.
- If you are happy, the doctor can do some simple tests to keep you healthy.
A local doctor has made this video to show what it is like if you go to the doctor’s surgery for an appointment:
There is also:
- a “getting ready for your annual health check” guide that you will be sent before the annual health check to help you prepare and think about the things that you would like to ask the doctor;
- a guide for carers paid carers / care practitioners, family members or friends.
- see some easy read information about having an annual health check.