We are responsible for the implementation of the National Framework (2007; last revised in October 2018) for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care and for care planning and commissioning care for individuals who meet Continuing Healthcare eligibility.
The National Framework sets out a single policy on who should receive NHS funding, be that fully funded NHS Continuing Healthcare (where the NHS funds the whole care package) or NHS Funded Nursing Care (where the NHS is responsible for the nursing required from a registered nurse in a care home through a single payment).
CHC assessment documents and tools
The revisions within the National Framework and the revisions within the decision making tools are considerable and health and social care professionals should make themselves familiar with these revisions.
Helpful information for professionals
- National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS-funded nursing care
- Continuing Healthcare fast track public information leaflet
- NHS England Continuing Healthcare guide for health and social care practitioners 2014
- NHS England national comparisons of all CHC teams’ statistics and information
- NHS-funded Nursing Care public information leaflet