If you need information or documents from these pages in another language or in a different format please email BHCCG.CCG@nhs.net.
We have responsibilities concerning safeguarding children from harm (also called 'child protection'). We also have responsibilities for safeguarding adults who are vulnerable to harm.
If you are concerned about a child
Visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/frontdoorforfamilies to find out more and make an online referral for additional support
If you are concerned about an adult
Contact Brighton and Hove City Council's Adult Social Care Team on 01273 295555
Information on domestic violence and support for victims can be found via The Portal.
Our approach to safeguarding
Safeguarding is a key priority for us and we have an extensive and wide reaching approach which includes:
- Clear systems to train staff to recognise and report safeguarding issues;
- A clear line of accountability for safeguarding, reflected in our governance arrangements;
- Arrangements to work with local authorities through our Local Safeguarding Children Boards, Safeguarding Adult Boards and Health and Wellbeing Boards;
- Arrangements to share information between service providers, agencies and commissioners;
- Designated doctors and nurses who are responsible for safeguarding children and looked after children. We also have a designated paediatrician for unexpected deaths in childhood; and
- A designated lead for adult safeguarding and a lead for the Mental Capacity Act
We closely monitor how effective our safeguarding arrangements for adults and children cared for in health services in Brighton and Hove are through governance and quality assurance processes. In turn, NHS England oversees these processes to make sure all CCGs are meeting their safeguarding responsibilities.
Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) and Local Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB)
The Local Safeguarding Children Board is a multi-agency group involved in promoting the welfare of children and young people in Brighton and Hove.
The Local Safeguarding Adults Board works to empower and protect vulnerable adults in Brighton and Hove.