Brighton and Hove Clinical Commissionning Group has some responsibilities concerning safeguarding children from harm (also called 'child protection'). We also have responsibilities for safeguarding adults who are vulnerable to harm.
If you are concerned about a child
- Contact the Front Door for Families (formerly MASH) on 01273 290400 – out of hours 01273 335905
- Visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/frontdoorforfamilies to find out more and make an online referral for additional support
If you are concerned about an adult
Contact Brighton and Hove City Council's Adult Social Care Team on 01273 295555
The CCG and Safeguarding
CCGs have a statutory responsibility to ensure that the organisations they commission services from are safeguarding children and adults at risk of abuse and neglect.
Brighton & Hove CCG has in place:
- Systems to train staff to recognise and report safeguarding issues
A clear line of accountability for safeguarding, reflected in our governance arrangements
- Arrangements to work with local authorities through our Local Safeguarding Children Board, Safeguarding Adult Board and Health and Wellbeing Board
Arrangements to share information between service providers, agencies and commissioners
- Designated doctors and nurses who are responsible for safeguarding children and looked-after children. We also have a designated paediatrician for unexpected deaths in childhood
A designated lead for adult safeguarding and a lead for the Mental Capacity Act
We closely monitor how effective our safeguarding arrangements for adults and children cared for in health services in Brighton and Hove are through governance and quality assurance processes. In turn, NHS England oversees these processes to make sure all CCGs are meeting their safeguarding responsibilities.
Local Safeguarding Children's Board (LSCB)
Local Safeguarding Adults Board
The Local Safeguarding Adults Board works to empower and protect vulnerable adults. You can find more information here
Sign Up To Safety
The CCG is part of the Sign Up To Safety Campaign - you can find more information here.
Please use the table below to download copies of the CCG's policies.
Safeguarding Adults Annual Report
You can find the Safeguarding Adults Annual Report on the Reporting page.