21 May 2020
With another May Bank Holiday just round the corner we wanted to ensure that, should you need us, you know where to go if you require healthcare this long weekend.
It is important you don’t ignore any health concerns you may have, it is our responsibility to support our patients and local populations to get the right care, in the right place now more than ever.
If you need help or advice not related to coronavirus this bank holiday:
- GP surgeries will be closed on Monday 25 May.
- Pharmacies may be offering different opening hours. Visit the NHS website for your local pharmacy’s hours.
- For health information and advice, use the NHS website or your GP surgery website.
- Your local Minor Injuries Units and Urgent Treatment Centres are open as usual.
- For urgent dental treatment, call your dentist first. If you cannot reach your dentist or do not have one visit the NHS 111 website. If a clinical appointment is necessary this will be arranged at an urgent dental care hub.
- For urgent medical help, use the NHS 111 online service – only call 111 if you’re unable to get help online.
- For life-threatening emergencies, call 999 for an ambulance.
The NHS 111 British Sign Language (BSL) Service is also available. This is a free service where a BSL interpreter telephones an NHS 111 adviser and relays their conversation with the patient.
If you suspect you have coronavirus symptoms do not go to a GP practice, pharmacy or hospital. Use the NHS Covid-19 symptom checker where you can get advice on what to do next.