If you need information or documents from these pages in another language or in a different format please email BHCCG.CCG@nhs.net.
Commissioning is all about planning and improving, consideration of impact and recognition of need.
Involving the public helps us to understand people’s needs, and to prioritise those people who experience the poorest health outcomes – enabling us to improve access and reduce health inequalities.
Our staff use an engagement toolkit designed to help CCG commissioners fulfil their statutory duties and involve patients and the public effectively and systematically.
Please follow the link for our Communication and Engagement Strategy: Download Comms Engagement Strategy.pdf
Where do we want to get to?
Our aspirations are to:
- recognise that patient and public involvement is good for patients, good for services and the right way to do business;
- have patients as partners;
- put patients at the heart of all the CCG does;
- recognise where health inequalities exist and involve marginalised communities in our plans;
- keep the public informed with clear and consistent messages;
- acknowledge the need for a systematic approach that is clear, coordinated, accessible and which is embedded across the organisation.
Find out more about how you can get involved in our work and help us to shape local health services.
How we link with providers
The CCG are provided assurance that the services we commisison are involving the public through regular contract review meetings. An example of the public involvement and user experience questions asked during a contract review meeting can be downloaded from the table at the bottom of this page.
Providers will produce case studies for contract review meetings to "bring thier service to life" an example of a case study produced for a contract meeting from the Brighter Outlook Project can be downloaded from here: Download brighter outlook BHCCG case study.docx
Please see the list and table below for useful resources.
Commissioner's Guide to Engaging Service Users, Carers and the Public
What you can expect - template agreement between CCG and Public and Patient/ Carer Representatives
Equalities and Health inequalities impact assessment template
Equalities and Engagement Plan
Public Involvement Assurance in a commissioned service- a case study
Download an example of how the CCG is assured on public involvelement from providers