The CCG is responsible for making sure that the people of Brighton and Hove have access to the healthcare services they need.
We commission services including hospital, community health and voluntary sector services, including A&E, mental health and maternity, care for older people and those with long-term conditions, such as diabetes, dementia and heart disease.
By talking and listening to people in Brighton and Hove, we decide which services are needed so that everyone – whoever they are, however they live and whatever their state of health – has access to the services, professionals and treatment they need to stay well and live healthily.
The CCG's values inform all our work:
- We are committed to making decisions openly in a way that is easily understood.
- We place patients, their families and the public at the centre of everything we do.
- We value and uphold the NHS constitution in all that we do
- We value innovation and will create an environment that supports good ideas.
- We take time to celebrate achievements.
- We listen to and respect patients, the public, staff and clinicians.
- We value the highest standards of excellence and professionalism in the provision of health care that is safe, effective and focused on patient experience.